App of the Week: Dots
Read the Full review and app guide for Dots.
Check back later this week for our high scores and for tips and tricks on how to get the highest score on Dots
|Name||Total Score||App Sammy rank|
How did you do this week? Post your high score in the comments!
The key with dots is to learn to recognize square set-ups.
There are three “near square” set-ups you should memorize. Each one is just a move away from being a square.
1. The Step ladder
2. The Hamburger
3. The puppy
Tips and Tricks
- Restart the game until you get a “good” board: either one with a ready-made square or one where the colors are more clustered
- Go into the “Scores & Trophies” section to fulfill objectives. You can easily earn thousands of extra dots (One of us saved up for about a dozen games for an expander only to learn that the first time you purchase them, you get a 5,000 dot bonus–the total cost of expanders!)
- Stock up on shrinkers. Save up for one set of expanders.
- Only use an expander if your game is going very well–try not to save it for the last second though!
- Play with your phone on a table. Free up your hands!
- Keep calm and remember to not lose sight of the entire board.